A gigantic spring will propel you!
The day I submitted my resignation, aside of feeling liberated, I also felt that I might have just opened pandora’s box to everything negative that would potentially follow…
Picture this: As a busy corporate partner in a major law firm, working there for 14 years, let us just say that I was earning a very significant remuneration.
To leave all that behind in the course of pursuing inner-peace, purpose and self-fulfilment meant that I would have to re-invent myself from scratch; and all that in z e r o time.
In the couple of weeks following my resignation a process of self-discovery and of questioning of what I would become next had begun.
Then it somehow dawned on me that my next journey would have to include the following very basic elements that I felt were either missing or were not present enough in my previous journey:
1. I would like to be servicing real people for whom I genuinely care and with whom I will have the opportunity to interact with daily and on a face to face basis.
2. I would like to be able to do something in which I am really good at and at the same time it is fully aligned with my own unique talents and charisma.(There are myriads of good lawyers out there. I am quite confident that the legal world will not mourn for the loss of not having me around as a lawyer.)
3. I would love to be able to do something truly meaningful that can make people feel beautifully and beautiful.
4. I would love to be doing something that has an inspiring effect on people. This could mean to help them t r a n s c e n d and become more fulfilled in their current paths and journies or otherwise help them in the course of pursuing a complete s e l f t r a n s f o r m a t i o n.
5. I would like to be able to witness the impact of my service and be privy to the warmth of a genuine smile and a kind word of gratitude.
The busy and overly digitised corporate world, combined with the ruthless pace of unprecedented technological evolution can be really daunting. It can make you feel really alienated both from the product as well as the recipient of your labour.
I am a firm believer in the good that exists in people. I am a firm believer in the magic that exists in people.
The above realisation has let me to my new journey of professional and personal coaching.
It is a whole new adventure.
One day I described my resignation to a friend and fellow magician as follows:-
“I closed my eyes, I took a deep breath and let myself fall backwards into the void”.
Immediately and without hesitation, my mysterious friend replied with something that I will remember for a long time:
“You truly have my deepest admiration. You may have jumped from the edge of the cliff into the void without a safety net but make sure to mark my words:
At the very bottom below lies a powerful gigantic spring. The moment you will make contact with the ground, the spring will absorb the impact of the fall and will propel you into heights you cannot even begin to imagine”.
I’ve marked his words…